2012 is the year of the Chinese dragon – a mythical creature in the Chinese zodiac. The 2012 China International Design Competition is inviting you to participate with design works that are somehow related to the Chinese dragon. This is a competition in multiple disciplines.
This competition aims to promote communication, exchange and interaction between China and the world by bring together designers to create creative, innovative designs based around the theme of the Chinese dragon. In a quickly developing and changing world, China is excited to promote design by designers and artists from multicultural backgrounds and diverse understandings promoting the concept of “harmony and uniqueness”.
So, when was the last time you designed for the People’s Republic of China?
Submit original and creative designed works which reflect the theme of the Chinese Dragon. A template is available for download on the official website.
Projects may be submitted in the following disciplines:
- Graphic design
- Digital and Multimedia Design
- Installation design
- Product design
Make sure you read the following requirements, before you start designing.
There will be 100 Finalists, from which 17 award winning entries will be chosen. The total value of the awards: RMB 360,000. Each finalist and each award-winner will receive a trophy and a certificate in addition to the following cash prizes:
Finalists (100): RMB 1,000
- DRAGON AWARDS:
- Awards of Excellence (10): RMB 5,000
- Best Overall Work (1): RMB 70,000
- Most Innovative Work (1): RMB 30,000
- Best Concept (1):RMB 30,000
- Best of Graphic Design (1): RMB 20,000
- Best of Digital and Multi-Media Design (1): RMB 20,000
- Best of Installation Design (1): RMB 20,000
- Best of Product Design (1): RMB 20,000
The Chinese Dragon Exhibition and awards ceremony containing Finalist entries from the competition will be held in January 2012 at the Capital Museum of China.
- Professional designers and operating within the visual design domain throughout the world are invited to submit. Design students and teachers or those in working and studying in related fields are also eligible.
- Entries must be original designs. Plagiarism or theft of the work of others will lead to disqualification and entrants are responsible for any legal consequences.
- Entries must be original, and cannot be previously published, or commercialized.
How to enter?
Submit your designs online on the competition’s official website. Registration is required to submit.