Busan Metropolitan City, Busan Office of Education and Design Council Busan are calling for submissions to the 2024 International Busan Design Award (IBDA).
The purpose of the Award is to advance the skills and understanding of industrial design, motivate design development through the exchange of ideas between industrial and academic designers, and strengthen the competitiveness of products for the development of the industry.
The most persuasive work will receive the grand prize with 15 Million Won (~$11,300) for the prize money. Many additional prizes will be awarded as well.
Entries can belong to one of the following categories, all of which drive toward the goal of creating and developing the field of industrial design, as well as boost the competitiveness of relevant industrial products to advance the overall industrial development.
- Free Theme
- Communication Design and Service Design — Communication design including advertising, graphics, CI, BI, video, multimedia content and all areas of service such as design shared value design, social innovation design, etc.
- Product Design and Environmental Design — Comprehensive product designs for consumer goods, industrial goods, etc. and environmental designs such as architectural and public designs
- Craft and Fashion Design — Comprehensive craft designs such as metals, ceramics, woodwork, paintings, varnishing, textiles, etc. and fashion designs such as clothing, accessories, etc.
The Busan International Design Award is an international event developed and based on the former Busan Industrial Design Exhibition. It is used as a forum for sharing various design concepts through international design industry exchanges and restorations. It is Asia’s largest international design award.
Please visit the official website for further information.
2024 International Busan Design Award (IBDA) – Entry Fees
- General Public:
- Undergraduate and graduate students, individuals: Free
- Organization: KRW 100,000 per 1 entry piece (payment upon entry submission)
- Youth: Free