The BlueCat Screenplay Competition, now in its 26th year, is open for submissions for its 2024 competition.
BlueCat remains committed to the undiscovered writer and continues its tradition of providing written analysis on every script submitted.
BlueCat accepts features, shorts, and pilots and will award $18,500 in cash prizes in 2024, including the Fellini Award, which gives $2,000 to the best script written by an international writer.
BlueCat Screenplay Competition 2024 awards include:
- The Grand Prize Winner will receive $7,500. All scripts submitted (Features, Pilots and Shorts) are eligible.
- The Feature Screenplay Winner will receive $3,000.
- The Pilot Script Winner will receive $3,000.
- The Short Script Winner will receive $3,000.
- The Fellini Award will be awarded to the Best Screenplay from any category (Feature, Pilots or Short) of the 2024 Competition written by a screenwriter residing outside the USA and will receive $2,000.
Founded in 1998 by WGA writer Gordy Hoffman, the BlueCat Screenplay Competition continues its mission of developing the undiscovered writer. BlueCat’s winners and finalists have gone on to sign with agencies including ICM, CAA, and WME, with their work sold to several major studios such as Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., and Universal. BlueCat writers have won awards at Sundance, Berlin, and Tribeca all following their recognition with BlueCat.
For complete information and submission details, please visit the official website, specifically the 2024 Rules and Guidelines page.
BlueCat Screenplay Competition 2024 Fees
Entry fees start from $30 for Shorts, $50 for Pilots and $65 for Features, and vary depending on the submission date.