Non Architecture is calling for entries, for the 2nd edition of the Non Architecture Award for Unbuilt Projects. The award was launched last year to honour those projects that didn’t take that approach and are unbuilt and unbuildable, either because they were designed to stay as such, or because their innovative charge brought them into the realm of the unpractical.
Construction is the most obvious reward for an architectural project, but very often in order to make things buildable, architects have to sacrifice innovation and creativity and surrender to business as usual.
Non Architecture will award 1 winner and 9 honourable mentions for each category, selected by the jurors collectively.
The competition categories include:
- Urban & Landscape — for projects that contribute to urban development and change
- Architecture & Interiors — for projects that include residential, commercial, cultural, hospitality, institutional, sports & recreation, transportation or temporary structures
- Aspatial & Virtual — for projects that include abstract and conceptual ideas with no physical representation such as utopian projects, projects for digital platforms, tools or devices, process- oriented projects, participatory process or even gaming and digital simulations
By recognizing remarkable achievements in architecture, the organizers intend to highlight exemplary projects that serve as inspiration for practitioners. Equally important, these awards elevate the potential for positive impact that an exploratory approach in architecture has on the future of the profession.
The award is open for student works, conceptual designs, competition entries, research & speculative initiatives of all sorts.
Projects can have an exploratory or critical purpose, as long as they were not designed with the primary goal of being built.
The registration fee is paid per project, separately for each category, regardless of how many people participated in the design.
Non Architecture Award for Unbuilt Projects 2022 – Registration Fees
- 01 – 31 October, 2022 – Special registration period: 10€
- 01 – 30 November, 2022 – Early registration period: 15€
- 01 – 31 December, 2022 – Regular registration period: 20€
- 01 – 31 January, 2023 – Late registration period: 25€